Thursday, April 3, 2008

Once I Was A Daisy Flower


Once I was a Diasy Flower,
But now I'm just a stem.
I din't like my petals
So I did away with them.

I thought my colors ugly,
So i threw them all away.
Wanted white, red, and purple.
Din't like my shades of gray.

To look like other flowers was all I really wanted,
Like all the other roses who were never teased and taunted.
Like the child who's picked last for elementary school athletics,
I thought that I was worthless and I blamed it on genetics.

I wanted to be chosen for a beautiful bouquet,
But I knew no one would want me for my ugly color gray.
So I tore my petals out and I threw them to the ground,
With the wind they blew away and were never to be found

Now I stand here with all my petals gone for good,
And I wish that long ago I would have only understood
That looks can be deceiving and that grey is not so bad.
Now I know that I possessed more than I thought I had.

~ JUNNIE ~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you posting this as an original poem? Because this was in an older book of "Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul". Either way, it's a beautiful poem. You need to give credit to the original writer.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I read the book too. It wasn't originally yours. So yeah, you need to give credit to the writer :/

daisy flower said...

Hello. Glad to meet daisy flower fans here.